Side effects

Side effects

Postby Butterfly » Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:18 am

What types of side effects did you have from the radiation treatment? I've heard you can have taste problems, is this true?
Butterfly

Re: Side effects

Postby EastCoast » Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:17 am

I didn't really have any side effects. My taste was fine. I honestly didn't notice anything different. It may be related to the dose of radiation I got. Mine was 100. Before I got the radiation they gave me a list of possible side effects....didn't have any of them.
EastCoast

Postby Jcool » Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:27 am

My taste did funny things. A few weeks after my treatment food tasted really funny. It was like an off taste with no flavor. It took a month or so to get better. Now I'm fine. O yeah, my vision got really blurry. Not sure why but that got better too. I have had no permanent side effects. The things I experience only lasted about a month. Now I feel fine..........though my thyroid levels are going a little crazy now.
Jcool

Postby Edward » Sat May 02, 2009 1:48 am

I had some taste problems too. However, I used lemon drops during my radiation therapy. I guess it suppose to limit the amount of damage on the taste buds. I think it worked OK. I only have a slight taste change in things that lasted a few weeks. No big deal really. Everything else was fine. No other side effects. I don't know the radioactive iodine dose I was given....maybe i'll look it up this weekend.
Edward

Return to Radioactive Iodine Treatment