Sore neck after surgery

Sore neck after surgery

Postby KerryBaby » Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:48 pm

How long do you have a sore neck after surgery? Mine is still sore after 3 weeks.
KerryBaby

Re: Sore neck after surgery

Postby Edward » Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:13 pm

Your neck maybe sore for awhile. Mine was sore for a month or so after the surgery. It also got really itchy. I know that's the healing process. You just want to make sure the wound continues to heal and does not look infected. If at anytime it gets worse, does not look like it is healing correctly, redness, or tenderness you should see your doctor. Infections in a neck wound can be serious. You doctor will know what to do if that happens.
Edward

Postby sito456 » Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:28 pm

Hi! i am 2 weeks post op..mine is sore as well :( . Everday is better. I have already started using mederma and still can't tell if its working but its only been 5 days. Hang in there we will al get through this together.
sito456

Postby Mrs. Ohio » Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:30 pm

HI, I had a L hemithyroidectomy fri 6/12/09. soreness is getting better everyday, but I wonder about riding roller coasters this summer???
Mrs. Ohio

Postby kmarshall » Thu Jun 18, 2009 5:06 am

I started out with a L hemi and then I had to do a right completion surgery (papillary carcinoma.) My neck was sore for about 2 weeks. Edward- my scar itched too. It got annoying!

Hi! i am 2 weeks post op..mine is sore as well . Everday is better. I have already started using mederma and still can't tell if its working but its only been 5 days. Hang in there we will al get through this together.

I'm curious how mederma worked for sito456. I only used vitamin E.
kmarshall

Postby sito456 » Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:33 pm

i am now using both the vitamin e and the mederma and taking vitamin e pills( i know obsessed ;) ) But its really working the mederma was awesome i have seen so many diffrent doctors since the surgery many that have nothing to do with the thyroid and they were all really impressed with the scart..Just stay consistent and please protect it from the sun..take care
sito456

Return to Thyroid Surgery