Feel Good but I need surgery

Re: Feel Good but I need surgery

Postby Pleidies » Sat Sep 12, 2009 1:20 am

Congratulations! I'm glad everything went well and that you feel better.

I would not plan on getting your pep back for at least a week. Took me about two weeks to feel pretty much normal (fyi I'm 31 yrs old). Just listen to your body: the tiredness is probably from it trying to recover- take it easy and your body will thank you by healing faster!
Pleidies

Postby rand » Thu Sep 17, 2009 1:00 am

Well I went back to school, work and exercising. just walking but better than nothing. I was tempted to run but thought better to take small steps. I am having difficulty with eating. Mostly liquid for now. I really dont have much pain more of a discomfort. i never took anything other than tylenol. I got my results a papillary cancer that is not in lymph nodes and is encapsulated. Good news, but I am in major shock. My chances were like 25% for cancer. My surgeon said becuase of size of tumor 2.5 I should do radiation pill. I am scared about this because I a very weird reactions to medicines and treatments. I am a very sensitive person. I told him my concern and he said he would be open to other options like a scan or I dont know what as long as my endocrine would be onboard. I have meet with my endocrine and will call tomm. Has anyone else not done the radiation but was maybe suggested they did. I dont want to hurt my chances long term but I do not want to get sick unless necessary.
rand

Postby Val » Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:15 pm

I also had my parathy removed during surgery on Oct. 22, 2009. My calcium is still bad after a 3 day hospital stay.. How long did it take for yours to start working right again? I've heard it may never return to normal. I have tingling in my fingers, feet, muscle twitching etc.....I take 1000mg calcium +D twice a day and Calcitriol 25mg once a day.
Val

Previous

Return to Post Your Story